//

Forum Logo: A Review

Any poll or survey

Forum Logo: A Review

Postby ayozzhero » Mon, 22 Dec 2008 1:23 pm

I think our poll is very transparent, in which every members can vote and see the result. For my opinion, the tribe has spoken!

Though, I think there is one thing holding the official logo announcement. I request the floor's permission to speak directly from my heart here.

We did the pool to select which logo should represent our group. Around 1/3 or 1/4 of the group member voted, and the majority votes go to design no 1. For me, the majority has decided, and that should be our logo, full stop. I think, Capt. Razak will also agree with that. Otherwise, why did we do the poll in the first place, am I right?

However, if I can only request the members opinion regarding this... Just your opinion guys...

First, the logo 01, originally designed by Mr Bien, then edited by Mr GG, if I am not mistaken. It is nicely drawn. But... the problem is, at a glance, everyone can notice that it connotes the RB1 or RB2. From another point of view, the majority of the forum members are RB1 owners, therefore we may not have noticed it. I too did not notice it when I first compiled them all together. Hey, mine is RB1, okay...

Supposedly, it is not me to post this, The logo selection should be in a discussion between moderators and the founder. However, two moderators are the logo contributors. There is only one left, and that's might be why Capt request for my opinion too.

I think similar case happens to malfreemaps.com. The 'mal' connotes Malaysia, but since there are users from Singapore too, they put it as mysgfreemaps on their forum banner, without changing the domain name so as the Singaporeans too share the esprit de corps. And it works, I think.

What about us? We have Odysseians of RA1, RA3, RA6 too, though not many, yet...

If I may request, can we let Capt and Kayzee (of probably all moderators too) choose 3 highest votes, and empower them to decide which should be the logo. I hope, we can freely throw our opinions here as this involves the whole community. If the community does not agree with my suggestion, no heart feeling. As I said, the tribe has spoken...
ayozzhero
RA6
RA6

Re: Forum Logo: A Review

Postby sulphur » Mon, 22 Dec 2008 1:40 pm

ayozzhero wrote:**snip**... the majority has decided, and that should be our logo, full stop...**snip**

The topic was locked earlier and logos submission have been stopped long time ago.

ayozzhero wrote:**snip**... The logo selection should be in a discussion between moderators and the founder.**snip**...

No need. Why?

ayozzhero wrote:**snip** As I said, the tribe has spoken...**snip**

As you said it, the tribe has spoken. And we have to respect all the voters and bro bien for coming up with design that is acceptable by majority.

ayozzhero wrote:**snip**...First, the logo 01, originally designed by Mr Bien, then edited by Mr GG, if I am not mistaken. It is nicely drawn. But... the problem is, at a glance, everyone can notice that it connotes the RB1 or RB2. From another point of view, the majority of the forum members are RB1 owners, therefore we may not have noticed it. I too did not notice it when I first compiled them all together. Hey, mine is RB1, okay...**snip**

Please refer to - viewtopic.php?p=2113#p2113

ayozzhero wrote:**snip**....I think similar case happens to malfreemaps.com. The 'mal' connotes Malaysia, but since there are users from Singapore too, they put it as mysgfreemaps on their forum banner, without changing the domain name so as the Singaporeans too share the...**snip**

Different scenario... there is no poll, I am the one who come up with the word 'mysgfreemaps' during my 'mfm banners' designs and bro antyong said leave it as it is. In fact both logo and the favicon were done by me on bro antyong personnel request. Have you see the polygons and POIs, neat eh? Contours? Nice!

BTW, as for my T shirts design, I am not going against the 'official logo' that are voted by the 'tribe'... please refer to viewtopic.php?p=2098#p2098

Maybe, Captain can put my 'T-shirt' topic under 'Hobby'
sulphur
RA5
RA5

Postby RazOdc » Mon, 22 Dec 2008 9:00 pm

Thanks for your all comments on our first logo and patience in waiting the decision. After discussing with some of the moderators and taking consideration on some of the comments by fellow members I would like to announce that Logo number 1, 4 & 9 are the top three of the poll.

The final official logo that have been decided is...

Congratulation to the designer of this logo our Northern Moderator - Sulphur (Halim). Selection of the logo is really tough because we have to take into consideration a lot of factors. I hope with this new Official MyOdyssey logo we can start designing things ie Web Site, T-shirt, Car stickers, Promotion cards etc.

Again I would like to thank all members who have participated in this poll and also those who gave feedback/comments on it and not forgetting those who have submitted their designs to us.

BTW I would really appreciate if the designers could allow the use of the other unselected logos for our future ODC forum usage.

Thank you 8-)
~The Sportiest MPV In Town~
ODC65 012-223 1214
RazOdc
Founder
Founder

Postby sulphur » Tue, 23 Dec 2008 7:37 am

RazOdc wrote:.....After discussing with some of the moderators...

For everybody information and to clear up any air on favouritism, I am do not involved in the discussion...And I am quite surprise and do not expect on the decision that are made by Captain and the Gang.
As for the logo, it is still raw and little polishing will be done here and there.

Now we have to come up with a motto....
sulphur
RA5
RA5

Postby RazOdc » Tue, 23 Dec 2008 8:57 am

FYI, those who sent in their design were not involved in the decision of selecting the logo. Thanks Sulphur for mentioning that.

Now the slogan part.... the slogan which we used earlier was catchy but I am sure there a more catchier & match to our forum :roll:
~The Sportiest MPV In Town~
ODC65 012-223 1214
RazOdc
Founder
Founder

Postby sulphur » Tue, 18 May 2010 12:04 pm

Attachments
odc_new.gif
odc_new.gif (5.53 KiB) Viewed 30869 times
sulphur
RA5