//

Regional Dialects...

Rules & regulation from forum moderator

Moderator: Founders

Regional Dialects...

Postby sulphur » Fri, 13 Feb 2009 8:24 am

Everybody,

First I would like to apologise for saying this.

Undoubtedly, many people are proud of their own regional dialects. Every dialect has its own charm which obviously its evolution is governed by laws of natural and environment. Our own culture is remarkable for its diversity within its unity which of course different dialects are the very display of this diversity.

Proud as we are, some of us might even boasted that no outsider could understand their dialect. Nevertheless, I hope there are some rules to abide by when using/typing a dialect in this forum, especially when we know that there might outsiders in the group who could have been taken back when reading all the posts especially those are for general knowledge.

For the sake of communication, I hope it is limited to their own regional boards such as Sarawak Bumi Kenyalang Territory, East Coast Territory etc etc.....Or if they can put in brackets, the translation (preferably in English) for everybody wellbeing (at least we can learn these dialects, literally).

This forum is for sharing, not only for Malaysian (as a matter of fact, is it only for 'BM' speaking person?) but as they say....it is a borderless world. Let reach and be reached beyond the lines!!!

Thank you for putting your time to read my humble suggestion.

P/S I wonder why non Malays are shying away from this forum. (the answer is somewhere in this topic)
sulphur
RA5
RA5

Re: Regional Dialects...

Postby elzalyff » Fri, 13 Feb 2009 12:10 pm

I concur......, not many non malays wanted to join this group. Any idea why? Bila ada ramai bangsa2 lain, barulah menjadikan malaysia ini negara berbilang kaum. Banyak yang boleh di pelajari dari kaum2 lain. I suggest next Honda Malaysia Mega Gathering, kita semua join so that we can get to know more honda's owner, swap info and to introduce our blog to others. It will be beneficial to all of us.:oops: :oops: :oops:
elzalyff
RA3
RA3

Postby bien335 » Fri, 13 Feb 2009 4:33 pm

an all-english forum would be a good idea, but we could create a sub-forum for 'borak-warung'

this way, we could manage all the good, informative stuff (in English) so it could be used for good reference, while keeping to the concept of mesra mesra in the regional sub-forums.

yeah, we could make a sub-forum in each region, whereby the language used need not be in English.

let's hear what the others have to say.

4 wheels move the body. 2 wheels move the soul.
bien335
Founder
Founder

Postby ayozzhero » Fri, 13 Feb 2009 9:25 pm

English should be the lingua franca for the forum, as there are forumers who are non-malaysians. IMHO, standard Bahasa Malaysia should be allowed while English is most encouraged wherever possible, moreover when it comes to Odyssey-related information. We are Malaysians and Malaysians should be the ones who benefit most from the forum.

We started quite well with English and Bahasa Malaysia, then dialects came as interludes. Well, people enjoyed dialects very much, moreover when it comes to jokes and teasing. I think I agree with Bien, where dialects should be restricted in the respected territories only. For threads containing information, English or standard Bahasa is a must.

By the way, other opinions are welcome.
ayozzhero
RA6
RA6

Postby RazOdc » Sat, 14 Feb 2009 1:02 am

Agreed!!! 8-) :rules:
~The Sportiest MPV In Town~
ODC65 012-223 1214
RazOdc
Founder
Founder

Postby elzalyff » Sun, 15 Feb 2009 10:46 am

Agreed too...... ;) ;)
elzalyff
RA3
RA3

Postby kayzee » Sun, 15 Feb 2009 1:32 pm

Agreed (Berehhhh)... :)
kayzee
RA5
RA5

Postby bien335 » Sun, 15 Feb 2009 2:27 pm

everyone agrees, but agrees to what?

:lol: :lol:

we need suggestions, input, especially

4 wheels move the body. 2 wheels move the soul.
bien335
Founder
Founder

Postby RazOdc » Sun, 15 Feb 2009 10:07 pm

What was mentioned earlier by sulphur, bien, elzalyff and ayozzhero are right. If this is not controlled and monitored, it would be a rojak forum. I do agreed with bien where we should set a thread just for each of the territory to use their dialect but I think it should be translated by the person who post the message/reply so that other Malaysian can also join in and understand the discussion. I also agreed that the dialect should be confined within the territory. The moderator of each territory should monitor the forum of territory and make sure to create another topic if members wanted to comment or mentioned something different from the original topic. As moderator you could edit/modify the forum accordingly especially when the reply is running awary from the original topic. Anywhere else it should be ENGLISH (especially in the technical thread) or proper B. MALAYSIA.

Thanks to sulphur and the rest for your suggestions and close observation of the forum. This is for the benefit of everyone who own and wanted to know more about the Odyssey. 8-)
~The Sportiest MPV In Town~
ODC65 012-223 1214
RazOdc
Founder
Founder

Postby aziedan » Mon, 16 Feb 2009 1:12 am

Agree as well.. :D
aziedan
RA3
RA3

Next